Saturday, April 18, 2015

Tiled Thank You

My design reflects inspiration from the tile work in Tajikistan; I loved seeing buildings and monuments covered in tile during our stay in Dushanbe. Mosaics design seems to be very popular here in Swaziland and South Africa as well.


I began by using Spellbinders "Grateful Lattice" die and cut a panel of plain cream cardstock. Spellbinder Basic Lattice and Fancy Lattice are other options to create this type background. 

I used the same die and cut two panels of two different cardstocks from Kaisercraft's "Curiosity" decorator paper. The sheets that I used from the Curiosity pack had a clear embossed print on them, adding some extra interest. 

After gluing the cream die cut onto a cream cardbase, I glued individual pieces of the decorator paper cut outs into the open spots of the lattice grid. You can use a Sakura Quickie Glue Pen or the small end of the Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue.

A Spellbinder Die D-Lites "Sentiments 6" die cut was adhered to the base of the card with pieces of a Thermoweb 3D Foam Strip. Three Kaisercraft Sparklets add the finishing touch.

A fairly quick design to put together, with a bit of "wow" factor for the recipient. 

All linked supplies are from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

I appreciate you stopping by for a peek! Thank you!

No comments: