Wednesday, October 24, 2018

For You Pumpkin

 So very much to love about Autumn...especially pumpkins and the recollection from my youth of the pure excitement in getting a pumpkin to carve! I still enjoy pumpkins, but no longer carve them up...I appreciate them just as they are!

The pumpkin featured here today is from Stamp Simply Ribbon Store's "Welcome Fall" clear stamp set...along with a matching "Welcome Fall Pumpkin" steel die that can also be purchased separately for easy cutting.

Here's a quick run down on this smaller, 4 x 4" size card.

I embossed a kraft cardstock panel with Spellbinder's M-Bossabilities "Simplicity" Embossing Folder, then layered it with Thermoweb 3D Foam pieces upon a matching tent fold base. I wanted a very neutral background to highlight the pumpkin, yet desired a bit of texture as well. 

The "for you" sentiment was stamped with Delicata Non Tarnishing Celestial Copper ink from the Stamp Simply "Welcome Fall" set. It was then cut with a Stamp Simply's new "Fishtail Sentiment Banner" die, and popped up on the card base with a piece of the Thermoweb Foam.


The pumpkin was stamped with the Celestial Copper ink onto Ranger Watercolor Paper. I used my Tonic Stamp Platform in order to stamp the image multiple times in the same place--sometimes necessary for a good imprint on the slightly textured watercolor paper. 

I watercolored the pumpkin with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks, then die cut it with Stamp Simply's "Welcome Fall Pumpkin" die. I then added it to the card base with Thermoweb Foam for dimension. The pumpkin and verse have a pleasant sheen in person...a bit difficult to capture it in the photo.

A bit of May Art's Burlap String ties it all together.

All supplies are from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope that you are enjoying the fall weather where ever you are located--it has cooled down here in Montenegro.

No comments: