Sunday, November 10, 2019

Pastor Appreciation Sunday

It was Pastor Appreciation Sunday at our church this weekend; we had a wonderful soup, sandwich, homemade bread and dessert luncheon after service to honor our Pastor, his wife, and family for all they do for us.

I had a chance to sit down this past week to make up a special card for Pastor and his family:


I began by cutting the Sizzix Tim Holtz Thinlets Branched Birch  die five times from Ranger Watercolor paper. I distressed the top tree panel with Tim Holtz Distress and Distress Oxide inks and brushed a bit of DecoArt Metallic Lustre Wax in Black Shimmer on the edges of the trees. I then glued all of the die cuts together with a Sakura Quickie Glue Pen to create some nice dimension. 

A watercolor paper panel was also cut to fit directly behind the trees, which on I watercolored a winter scene the the distress inks. A bit of shimmer over the sun comes from DecoArt Metallic Lustre Wax in Champagne.


The sentiment is stamped on the base of the card using Stamp Simply's "Pastor and Ministry Appreciation Greetings" stamp set and Versafine Vintage Sepia ink. I also stamped some of the Bible verses from "Pastor and Ministry Appreciation Scripture Sentiments" on the inside of the card and on the envelope. You can see both sets below-- "Pastor and Ministry Appreciation Greetings," and "Pastor and Ministry Appreciation Scripture Sentiments."































I hope that you have enjoyed today's design! I will be back later in the week, hope that you can join me then! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Annette Reed said...

I found this via the Seasons of giving hop. I love it, so I had to check out the link. The backgrounds is lovely and I love the trees. I wish there was a video!

Deb S said...

Thank you Annette! I appreciate your kind comments and am so pleased that you like it! I don't do videos, maybe I should consider beginning! Thanks again!