Sunday, May 24, 2020

Old Glory

Hello and Welcome! We're continuing with designs for this week's Stamp Simply release of "Old Glory" stamps and dies...take a look:


My card for today features Stamp Simply Ribbon Store's brand new "Old Glory" clear stamp set and "Patriotic Stars and Stripes" steel dies. I love this patriotic set and have had so much fun creating with it!


I began by stamping the USA image with Versafine Onyx Black ink onto kraft cardstock. I then colored it using a Inkssentials Craft Ink Holder with included nibs along with Tim Holtz Distress inks. 

It was then die cut it with the Stamp Simply USA die from the "Patriotic Stars and Stripes" die set. I also die cut two additional USA shapes from kraft, then glued them together and topped it off with the colored die cut. This gives some nice dimension and I find myself doing this often!


I made the background by die cutting numerous star shapes from a kraft panel using the dies from the Stars and Stripes die set. 

I wanted the same colors that I colored the USA to peek through the die cut kraft panel, so I laid the star die cut panel over another kraft panel and lightly traced the stars onto the panel.  I then sponged on the same distress ink onto the penciled in star shapes on the second panel. 

After taping the die cut panel and colored star panel together with Scor-Tape, I mounted it with Thermoweb 3D Foam pieces to a base card.  It may sound more difficult than it actually is...it did go quick and added a unique touch. You could also used the stars that were die cut and ink those up for another project or a similar card.

The sentiment "Old Glory" was stamped with the Tim Holtz Distress ink, then die cut with a Spellbinder Classic Circle die.


All linked products are from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

If you are interested in viewing more Old Glory inspiration, be sure to check out Stamp Simply's blog!

2 comments:

Traci S. said...

Hi Deborah!
What a great card for now, July 4th or anytime! I really like the waving part of the flag/country! I hope you are all staying well and are happy!

He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather

Deb S said...

Thanks once again, Traci! Hope you and your family are well too!