Monday, August 24, 2020

Daisies for My Friend

 


Hello! I recently purchased the new Altenew "Craft a Flower Daisy" die set as it reminded me so much of our wedding flowers as well as the fields of daisies that surround the area we live. What a beautiful die set, so fun to play with!

I have a dear friend who also loves daisies, maybe even more than I do! She's a dear gal and is close to my heart. I was thinking of her when I was putting this card together. I hope that she likes it!



I'll quickly tell you about it. With the die set, it is so easy to create!

I cut all of the flower parts from the die set out of watercolor paper. As you probably have noticed if you check out my post occasionally, I really enjoy using watercolor paper for the heft and texture it brings to a design.

I took a panel and watercolor washed it with shades of Tim Holtz Distress ink in Speckled Egg and Bundled Sage. After it dried, I die cut it with a stitched die. I spattered more ink on the panel and mounted it onto a tent fold base card.


I proceeded to use Tim Holtz Distress ink to add colors to the daisy parts before assembling them. Colors used: Scattered Straw, Bundled Sage, Peeled Paint, Frayed Burlap, and Pumice Stone. The top daisy is adhered directly to the card base with the bottom daisy popped up with dimensional tape. 

The "my friend" sentiment is from Stamp Simply Ribbon Store's new "Seasonal Wreaths -Spring and Summer." This simple but lovely little sentiment is stamped with Versafine Vintage Sepia Ink, and adds just the right touch.

I hope that you have a had a great beginning to your week. I will be back with FIVE cards on Friday featuring Stamp Simply's new Seasonal Wreath clear stamp sets! I hope that you can join me then!

Thank you!

1 comment:

Kiwigirl said...

This card is beautiful! You have a very lucky friend!