Friday, May 21, 2021

Wildflower Field

Hello and Happy Friday! I'm bringing another watercolored die cut card to you today. I've so enjoyed playing with adding splashes of color to die cut shapes; it's my favorite technique right now!

Linked stamps and product are from


Here's the completed project. I began by inking some watercolor paper with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks in the colors Broken China and Speckled Egg. I simply applied ink to a surface, added a spritz of water, then mashed the paper into it until I reached the effect that I was going for. I also spattered the watered down ink onto the surface with a paintbrush. After the panel dried, I die cut it with a Spellbinder Celebrations Pierced Square die.

Next up: Sizzix/Tim Holtz' "Flower Field" Thinlet die from Stamp Simply. I die cut the floral shape out of more of the water color paper, then used numerous Tim Holtz Oxide inks to watercolor the image. I also spattered the die cut with some of the remaining ink, as well as Windsor and Newton white gouache. I glued the die cut to the square watercolored base using Tombow Mono Multi Liquid glue.


The sentiment is from Stamp Simply's "Typewritten What You Mean to Me" clear stamp set. You can find all of the "Typewritten" sets HERE.   So great to have a smaller, sweet sentiment to add to a card! It was stamped onto the watercolor paper with Versafine Claire Morning Mist ink, then die cut with a Stamp Simply Fishtail Banner Sentiment die. 

The entire image panel was placed onto a watercolor paper base with dimensional tape.


Make certain to check out Stamp Simply's brand new online store! They are offering a sale of 15% off products in the entire store with the code listed.

Thanks for popping in, and have a great weekend!



2 comments:

Traci S. said...

So beautiful! I love the colors and how the flowers really POP! I have been making watercolor backgrounds lately. You are rubbing off on me! That is a great thing!

Deb S said...

Glad you're having fun with watercolor backgrounds, Traci! I can't get enough of them lately!