Friday, December 10, 2021

Easy to Make and Mail Winter Card

 

Hello and Welcome! Here today with one of my all time Christmas Tree stamps and dies...Stamp Simply's "O Christmas Tree" clear stamp set and coordinating "O Christmas Tree" die set.

I just love that this fresh cut tree without decoration is a part of the set; so, so special!

I stamped the tree onto watercolor using Versafine Claire Acorn ink, then loosely watercolored it with Daniel Smith watercolors. After the watercolor was dried, I highlighted the white patches of snow with Windsor and Newton white gouache. I also watered the gouache down a bit and spattered it over the tree.

The tree was then die cut with the Stamp Simply matching die...I also cut three additional tree cuts and glued all four layers together to create a substantial, dimensional tree.



The tree is layered over a base of Carta Bella "Welcome Winter" decorator paper along with brown and green cardstock.

Here's the inside of the card, with a sentiment from the "O Christmas Tree" stamp set. It's stamped with the Versafine Claire Acorn ink, then die cut with a Stamp Simply Fishtail Banner Sentiment die.


All linked supplies are from Stamp Simply.



Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Traci S. said...

What a gorgeous card Deb! I love the simplicity of it! I love the snow on the tree, too!

Deb S said...

Thanks so much, Traci! We have plenty of snow here to be inspired...LOL!

Traci S. said...

Better up there than here! I sat on our deck heat embossing my Christmas cards! It was glorious weather! This way my carpet doesn't end up with gold embossing powder everywhere! Stay warm & safe!