Saturday, May 21, 2022

Funky Insect Bugs and Kisses!

Hello! Here today with a card that I created for our monthly stamping group...the theme was a "hilarious card." Well, I do not have any funny (punny) stamp sets, so this was a wee bit out of my comfort zone. Here is the result...



This is the first time that I was able to play with Tim Holtz/Sizzix "Funky Insects" thinlet dies. What a fun group of bugs to play with! I ran the dies through using watercolor paper, then watercolored them with numerous Tim Holtz/Ranger Distress and Distress Oxide Inks. They are spattered with Windsor and Newton White Gouache. They are popped up from the background using foam tape.

The base of the card is watercolor paper with a frame of black cardstock. The sentiment is made up with Tim Holtz/Sizzix Alphanumeric Label Font dies, so handy to create your custom sentiments with. The little heart is from a punch from my stash of tools. The letters are mounted on a Stamp Simply Fishtail Banner sentiment die and adhered with foam tape for dimension.

And, that is about as hilarious as I can get. It's good to be challenged to make you think out of the box. I should do it more often.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!

No comments: