Friday, July 8, 2022

Daisies and Bumblebees

A summery card for today with a daisy and bumblebees! Favorite summer indicators! This card is easy to make and mail, suitable for many occasions.


The pretty daisy is actually a coneflower from Stamp Simply's "Caring Coneflower" clear stamp and die sets. I think it passes for a daisy, with artistic license.  I stamped the daisy with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then colored it with Copic Markers. I then die cut it with the "Coneflower" die three times, one with the stamped image and two others for a base for the bloom. The three layers glued together make for additional dimension for the bloom to really stand out.

The decorator paper used here is Echo Park's "My Favorite Spring." I love this pad, including this delicate bee pattern. 




 The sentiment is from Stamp Simply's "Typewritten Sentiments You Mean So Much to Me" clear stamp set, stamped with Versafine Claire Nocturne ink and die cut with a Stamp Simply Fishtail Banner Sentiment die.

All linked product is from Stamp Simply.

Thanks so much for stopping by and enjoy the beautiful summer weather! Hope that YOU get to enjoy some daisies and bees this weekend!

2 comments:

Traci S. said...

Hi Deb! I love this coneflower daisy! This is such a fresh and summery card! I have built up sentiments by stacking them but I never thought of doing it with the focal point! Great idea! I really love this paper! The whole pad is just perfect together! Praying all is well with you! We are quarantined because Dave brought home covid from a trip! Fortunately, we've both had our 4 vaccines so it is mild. So far I've avoided catching it! Stay vigilant!

Deb S said...

Thanks, Traci! I love this paper pad too...perfect for spring and summer cards! Hope Dave does okay, and you as well.