Hello! My card today takes inspiration from this Week's Friends in Faith Instagram hop using Matthew 11:28 as our inspiration. Perfect, as I have a Stamp Simply Words of Encouragement clear stamp set with that very verse!
The blooms here are The Greetery's Botanicuts Crocus dies that I die cut from watercolor paper. Crocuses are typical Spring flowers, but I thought of them immediately pondering the verse. The are such peaceful little blooms arriving with the hope of spring and summer to come.
I had great fun watercoloring the petals and stems with Daniel Smith Watercolors. I spattered the completed flowers with Windsor and Newton White Gouache along with some of the watercolors that were used.
The blooms are layered over an oval panel that was die cut with a Spellbinder Hemstitch Oval (no longer available) that the Bible verse was stamped directly on using Versafine Clair Morning Mist ink.
The oval panel was then layered over the background panel which was embossed with a Stampin' Up embossing folder (no longer available, but any textured embossing folder would work), adding additional texture.
Card completed; I really love the outcome.
Check out the Friends in Faith Insta hop if you get a chance!
Thanks for stopping in!

.jpg)

1 comment:
Oh my word, Deb, this is beautiful! I love your layout. I am totally weary...I'm waiting on His rest. Hopefully, it wont take going to the hospital to rest! Your cards are always so lovely!
Share YOUR Joy!
Traci
Post a Comment