Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Blushing Cheerful Tulip

Having so much fun playing with the new Stamp Simply Clear Get Well Tulip and Steel Tulip die! What a pretty set. Today I have attempted the "No Line Coloring" method. I'm fairly happy with the results, and look forward to trying it again soon! 

Let me tell you about it..


The base of the card is layers of Tim Holtz Coredinations Color Core Cardstock 12 x 12" and White Vellum. The top layer is embossed with Darice "Quartrefoil" Embossing Folder run through a Cuttlebug. 


The "No Line" Color Method is simply stamping the image with a light ink...such as a light green or tan. I stamped my tulip with Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress ink. I then color the tulip blossom and leaves with my Copic Sketch Markers. After coloring a solid tulip head and leaves, I added accent touches and shading with Prisma Color Pencils...primarily where the lines on the stamp indicated shading. No Line coloring was a bit more difficult as the stamped lines would pretty much disappear...I used the stamp and package to see where the lines should be. After stamping, diecutting, and coloring the tulip, I mounted on the base of the card using pieces of Thermoweb 3D Foam Strips.

I've seen some pretty amazing examples of both "No Line Color" with watercolors and with Copics. Wow! 

The sentiment is also from the Get Well Tulip set, stamped with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink and die cut with a Spellbinders Back to Basics Tag die. A Seam Binding Ribbon bow pretties it up.

Take a look at the inner Bible verse, stamped from the Get Well Tulip set using Versafine Vintage Sepia Ink and die cut with Spellbinders Classic Oval dies.


All linked supplies are from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope that you have a chance to try some "No Line Coloring!"

No comments: