Friday, July 17, 2020

Slimline Card Week--Fall Pumpkin

It's "Slimline Card Week" over at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store!
The Stamp Simply design team has come up with some fab designs featuring the return of "Slimline" cards.



The background decorator paper used here is Prima's "Autumn Sunset." The subdued colors and pretty prints in this pad are pretty special. I wanted to watercolor my stamped "Welcome Fall" pumpkin in similar tones. I used Tim Holtz Distress inks. 



I began by stamping the Stamp Simply Welcome Fall pumpkin image onto Ranger Watercolor Paper using Tim Holtz Distress Pumice Stone ink and a Tonic Stamp Platform. I watercolored the pumpkin with Antique Linen, Pumice Stone, Rusty Hinge, and Candied Apple. After the ink dried, I placed the image back into the stamp platform and restamped it with the Pumice Stone ink. 

As Distress inks are water soluable, some of the stamped image fades when you watercolor it, which is a great effect if that is what you are working towards. I decided that I wanted more definition, so I restamped it--very easy to do using a stamp platform. I then die cut the pumpkin image with the Stamp Simply "Welcome Fall" pumpkin die.



The "fall" sentiment from the Welcome Fall stamp set is stamped onto watercolor paper using the Distress Pumice Stone ink, and die cut with a Stamp Simply Ribbon Store's Fishtail Banner Sentiment die.

A May Art's Burlap String border completes the design. Scor-Tape and Thermoweb 3D Foam are the adhesives used within the design.


All linked product is from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoy your weekend!

No comments: