Saturday, January 23, 2021

Winter Deer

Hello! We've had some wintery weather as of late which inspired me to create an outdoor scene from the comfort of my cozy home. 

I love this precious juvenile deer from Tim Holtz/Sizzix "Darling Deer" dies. This is the smallest deer in a pack of four. 


I began by creating the background sky with numerous Tim Holtz Distress Oxide and Distress inks, smooshing the watercolor paper onto the watered down ink on my work surface. 

As the sky was drying, I did the same for the trees using another panel. After dried, the trees were die cut with Tim Holtz/Sizzix "Treeline" die available at the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store. The snow is a spattering of Windsor and Newton white gouache.

I glued the tree line down with glue and added a strip of snow. The little deer was also inked with Distress ink.

 

I framed out the design by cutting a panel of the watercolor paper with a Spellbinders Hemstitch Rectangle and Classic Oval Nestabilities dies. 

I hope that you are enjoying the weekend! 

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Traci S. said...

Deb, this is so creative! I never would have thought to make such a beautiful card by using these products in this way! The colors are just spectacular! ❤

His,
Traci Starkweather

Ida said...

Really nice card.

Deb S said...

Thanks so very much, Traci! I'm having fun playing with color and die cuts!

Deb S said...

Thank you, Ida. I really appreciate your comment!